Delve Deeper! Join one of Inc 5000’s fastest-growing companies as a Data Scientist. A top-rated Google Cloud & Marketing Platform Partner, DELVE is a consulting agency that specializes in strategic marketing, site-side analytics, campaign management, and advanced data science. In this role, you will join an energetic team of analysts, data engineers, and data scientists that drives client growth through a data-driven mindset and predictive analytics.
This position will challenge you to deliver intelligent machine learning-driven marketing insights, predictions, and recommendations in a consultant-client setting. Using your creativity, technical programming skills, and passion for problem solving, you will develop and deploy cloud-based data science solutions solving real world marketing business problems. The successful data scientist will be an independent self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and able to transform vague client business problems into tangible machine learning projects aimed at delivering measurable economic value.
You should exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy tackling quantitative problems that most other people cannot solve. You are the kind of person that enjoys figuring out ways to use programming to automate manual tasks and optimize decision making. You also love “geeking out” and discussing different approaches and theories to solving problems with machine learning. You are curious and have a passion for knowledge discovery using data!
- Advanced level proficiency with Python or similar programming languages (R, SAS, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with SQL
- Experience creating data pipelines and developing/deploying machine learning models in a business setting
- Demonstrated experience communicating the results of complex business intelligence or data science projects to non-technical business stakeholders in the form of visually appealing and coherent slide decks.
- Competence in data cleansing, transformation, and model feature creation/abstraction/selection specifically for machine learning
- Passion for data storytelling and quantitative analysis
- Deep understanding of the pros and cons of various data science approaches/methodologies and proven ability to select the best approach for any given problem (supervised vs unsupervised learning, regression vs classification, etc)
- Ability to communicate complex topics in simple terms using visuals, diagrams, and analogy
- Moderate competency with at least 1 BI visualization platform (Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio, Looker)
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, physics, math, economics, finance or other quantitative field
- Experience with cloud environments (Google Cloud Platform preferred but will consider exposure to Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure).
- Experience with marketing and media web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics 360, Adobe Analytics, Facebook, Amazon, The Trade Desk, paid search, Google Campaign Manager, etc.)
- Data engineering and data architecture experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills in a client-facing role
- Experience working in a consulting environment (bonus points for previously leading consulting engagements), especially directly communicating with upper level business stakeholders
- Experience owning project timelines, developing project plans, and delegating tasks
- Masters degree in computer science, engineering, physics, math, economics, finance or other quantitative field.
- Comfort with conveying complex ideas using abstract methods (e.g., mathematical equations, process maps, musical notation).
At DELVE, we prioritize our people. With so much talent, we recognize the importance of our employee’s well-being and will go above and beyond to ensure they work in the best environment that fosters personal and professional growth. We have frequent company outings, team bonding activities, and always celebrate WINS! Our team looks for data-driven, problem-solving, and agile people who take work personally but still know how to have fun. Our employees exemplify our company values:
- Stay Curious
- Work Hard
- No Box Unchecked
- Show Constructive Candor
What DELVE Offers
- Full health, vision and dental benefits
- 401K plan
- Quarterly bonus opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work from home policy (with 100% USA remote available)
- Generous PTO + a paid week off between Christmas Eve & New Years Day
- Maternity leave
- A culture that emphasizes transparency, teamwork and a great work-life balance
- Annual company ski/board weekend getaway
- Brand new office in Louisville, CO (just outside Boulder), built and designed exclusively for DELVE
Base Salary Range (dependent on experience and expertise):
Junior Data Scientist: $70k – $125k
Senior Data Scientist: $100k – $180k+