At DELVE, our exceptional team and culture is the heart of our success. We at Delve, thrive in an open, high-energy and diverse culture that blends the best of technology and the culture of Boulder, CO. We place tremendous value on transparency, humility and teamwork, with a bias for action and accountability that drives our path to success. We strive to be a company that our peers admire and our competitors envy. Like all great teams we push each other to new heights, celebrate our victories, and we pick each other up when we lose.
We work every single day with honesty and integrity, collaborating and executing on strategies that cement our status as learners and innovators. If this resonates with you, join us, we’re looking for the best and brightest minds to drive the future of marketing.
About the Role
The Business Development Manager role is fantastic chance to build a team in our office in Boulder, CO. You will be responsible for hiring and training a brand new team of BDRs following a proven plan from our BDR playbook. This is a pivotal leadership role, working alongside management from Marketing, Sales, and Delivery to a new pipeline of business opportunities for the organization and mentor a brand new group. Your typical day will involve jumping seamlessly from crafting and executing a forward-thinking plan for the SDR team to rolling up your sleeves and jumping on a call to help a team member succeed! The ideal leader is results-oriented, a motivator, has a keen eye for operational efficiency, drives execution and leads by example. One of your main deliverables in this role is coaching and growing individual SDRs so they can launch into other teams at Delve.
We are looking for someone who brings an equal mix of soft skills and attention to detail as we sell a very technical engagement. Other required traits include a deep understanding of the sales process and an ability to be a true coach and mentor to people who are at an early stage of their careers.
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, and coach BDRs responsible for inbound and outbound sales engagements (note: successful BDRs are promoted to sales positions, making hiring and training a particularly meaningful function).
- Establish metrics and help the team improve by understanding their performance
- Run inbound lead flow and track efficiency of sales and marketing programs
- Generate new business opportunities to drive pipeline growth
- Drive outbound prospecting in key targeted accounts using a multichannel approach
- Work closely with marketing and sales management to develop call, email and social strategies and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Actively work to improve the cadence and throughput of the assigned sales development resources as we grow Delve’s marketplace presence and success story
- Assist in crafting and implementing a scalable training program and materials for BDRs
- Motivate BDRs to exceed goals through mentoring, coaching activities, and incentives
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities
- Ensure the effective use of Salesforce.com
- Lead, track and report on all sales activities and results of the team
- Remove roadblocks to BDR success
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field (this may not be necessary)
- 2-5 years of management experience in Sales, Sales Development or Inside Sales management, preferably in SaaS Software, Adtech/Martech, CRM or enterprise applications.
- Experience growing and scaling a successful sales development team in a fast growth environment
- Consistent track record at establishing and achieving or exceeding measurable goals in a highly automated Business Development environment
- Experience with start-up environments and highly-transactional enterprise sales models such as Delve’s
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound & outbound tele-prospecting methodologies in high technology based products and/or services
- Ability to develop, train and mentor sales development reps and interns
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, marketing, product marketing and customer success
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience with BDR enablement/training/mentoring of new hires
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, Salesforce.com)
- Keep up with industry trends and standard methodologies, including utilization of new technology and web resources – in particular in the area of prospecting and social selling
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills (positive and energetic, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills, team-player, working with other BDRs and field reps, sales management, external lead-gen agencies, marketing)
What DELVE Can Offer You:
- Ownership of your work, responsibility to make things happen and the opportunity to make a real difference
- A fast-paced and exciting global business environment in the advertising technology sector
- A culture that emphasizes honesty, teamwork, and a great work-life balance
- A competitive salary and opportunities to define your career growth
- 1-2 work from home days per week & flexible working hours as needed (all employees are required to work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic until it is safe to return back to office)
- Generous PTO + a paid week off between Christmas Eve & New Years Day
- Fully-paid health insurance
Salary Range: $65k – $75K
Click the button above or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.