21 Jan Gain Six-Figure Insights From Campaign Manager
It’s the first month of a new year: how are things going with your new year’s resolution?
Like many people, maybe you’re using a wearable health-tracker (like a FitBit) to unlock health insights, measure your fitness, and monitor progress towards your new health goals for the year. Using a tool like the FitBit adds a lot of value and support for your personal health goals. Your digital marketing campaigns are another area that can benefit from the right tools.
Campaign Manager is the most widely adopted and trusted ad server on the market. It offers a refined way to track performance and deliver the right message to your target audience. It can also help you determine what’s working and why.
We’ve outlined some best practices that will help you gain six-figure insights from Campaign Manager:
– Run all of your digital media through Campaign Manager for a single source of truth. Run all media types and formats, and make sure you tag them so that your ad server can collect the data.
– Identify overlap by conducting overlap analysis, via report builder within Campaign Manager. You can run a cross-dimension reach report, which allows you to identify the overlap between media partners. This will help you determine which partners are most effective in reaching your target audience. When you reduce overlap, you can adjust your spending and reduce or reallocate spend to other partners. You can also start allocating your marketing budget to reach consumers that are new to your messaging.
– Evaluate the frequency of your messaging. Check to make sure you aren’t bombarding your prospects with the same ad over and over again, which annoys them and wastes your resources. Run a frequency report in Campaign Manager and filter it by media partner. This allows you to evaluate how often your media partners reach the same prospect. You can also use this data to set an optimal frequency threshold.
– Determine top-performing media partners. Campaign Manager allows you to determine which partners and media types drive the most conversions or desired actions.
– Verify the viewability rate. Active View reporting within Campaign Manager follows the same definition for viewability as the MRC. It identifies the number of viewable impressions so that you can calculate a viewability rate. A low viewability rate means you are likely wasting money on impressions that your target audience never sees. Know your viewability rate and work from a set standard.
– Understand the path to conversion. Where does your target audience best receive your message? What ads have the highest conversion rate? You can use Campaign Manager’s powerful attribution reporting tool to answer some of these questions. Just set up and run a path to the conversion report. The report will show you which ads drive the most conversions, and give you insight into the customer journey. When you analyze the performance, it helps to optimize the time and resources accordingly.
Level up your digital advertising strategy and take advantage of valuable insights from ad serving technology like Campaign Manager. The result? You’ll gain six-figure insights into your digital marketing campaigns, and better allocate your time and resources where they have the most impact.
To learn more about how we use tools in the Google Marketing Platform to drive conversions and target your best audience, visit our website here.